Get the Look: Regina Hall’s BET Awards Red Carpet Ponytail [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
Host Regina Hall walked the red carpet of the BET Awards, last night at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, working an embellished thick, low ponytail. Shornell McNeal-Young styled Hall for the event in which Hall paid tribute to her hometown of Washington, D.C. with a Go-go-insipred parody of Beyoncé’s Homecoming, aptly titled Homegrown.
OK now that I’ve successfully distracted you from the Monday blues, let’s get back to Hall awesome hair. The look was a collaboration of Hall’s glam team, which included stylists Wayman + Micah and makeup artist Lewina David, along with McNeal-Young.
“We worked together to make sure that all components of Regina's look came together,” explained McNeal-Young in press materials. “We wanted to do something playful and a little out of the box.”
“It was also important to have a look that could be transformed in under 10 minutes to take Regina from the red carpet to the stage,” said McNeal-Young.
We caught up with McNeal-Young for all the details, so you can recreate this easy summertime look using all Dove Hair products:
- To start, I used Dove Nutritive Solutions Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse Regina’s natural hair for the evening.
- After the shampoo and conditioning, I used Dove Care Between Washes Rehydrating Mist as a leave-in conditioner to moisturize and protect her natural hair.
- Next, I flat-ironed Regina's hair to smooth it out, [and] then I put her hair in a ponytail using Dove Style + Care Compressed Micro Mist Extra Hold Hairspray. This allowed me to lay her hair down so that it would not revert back to its naturally curly state.
- For the ponytail, I added additional hair and secured it with hair pins. Once the ponytail was in place, the wire was wrapped around the ponytail to give a unique and sophisticated look, to go along with her dress and makeup for the red carpet.
- Lastly, I sprayed a little Dove Care Between Washes Invisible Dry Shampoo to take away a little of the shine.