Get the Look: Normani’s ‘90s Flat Twist ‘Do By JayStayReady for the VMAs
Normani took it back to the old school with her half-up, half-down hairdo created by JayStayReady for the MTV Video Music Awards. And now you can kick it back to the ‘90s too with the celebrity stylist’s instructions.
Normani was performing her hit “Motivation,” so she and Jay only needed to look to her music video for inspiration … It was the VMAs after all.
“Normani and I were so excited to re-create her ‘90s throwback half-up half-down look, with curly texture and old school flat twists from her new music video for ‘Motivation,’” explained Jay in press materials. “It’s my favorite look we’ve done so far!”
Here’s how to recreate the look using Suave Professionals products in Jay’s own words.
- Blow-dry hair using a high-speed hair dryer with a diffuser.
- Next, use a little pomade or Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Define & Shine Serum Gel on your fingers, twisting the hair and securing with rubber bands. Work this back into a larger high-ponytail.
- For added volume, sew curly extensions in the back base and to the ponytail.
- Mix Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Cream Detangler Spray with a little water in a spray bottle and mist the hair to keep it hydrated and make those curls pop.
- Brush the hair out with a paddle brush and runSuave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Smooth & Shine Cream through to lock in the shine!