It’s the spookiest time of the year, and whether you’re reveling in everything ghoulish or can’t wait for it to be November 1st, you deserve a cocktail. Here are six Halloween cocktail recipes to get through the season. Trick or cheers!
Green Apple Toddy (created by Allison Have of New York’s Butter & Scotch)
- 3 ounces Hi-Chew Green Apple-Infused Applejack**
- 1.5 cups apple cider
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Lemon wheel and dried apple ring for garnish
**Infusions: The infusion ratio is one piece of candy per ounce of liquor of your choice. (UPTOWN recommends whiskey or bourbon.) Soak the candy until dissolved. *Booze-free option: Leave the booze out, garnish with a skewer of Green Apple HI-CHEW candies.
Method: In a small saucepan, heat the cider until hot. Remove from the heat, stir in the applejack and lemon juice, and divide between two mugs. Garnish with a lemon wheel and dried apple ring.
Nightmare on Orchard St. (available exclusively at New York’s Las’ Lap)
- 1.5 parts Bacardí Superior rum
- .75 part coconut milk
- .75 part fresh lime juice
- .5 part grenadine (1:1 brown sugar and pomegranate juice)
- .25 part pimento dram or allspice liqueur
- Peychaud’s bitters float, orange peel, and mint sprig for garnish
Method: Shake all ingredients and strain into a highball glass. Fill with crushed or cracked ice. Garnish with a Peychaud’s bitters float, orange peel, and mint sprig.
- 2 parts Bacardí Superior Rum
- 1 part Monin Blood Orange Syrup
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Vampire teeth for garnish
Method: Shake all ingredients, except ginger beer, with ice and strain into glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with vampire teeth.
- 1.5 parts Bacardí Superior Rum
- .5 part Midori Liqueur
- .5 part Reál Coco
- .5 part fresh lime juice
- 2 parts Dole Pineapple Juice
- Gummy candy for garnish
Method: Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a coupe or martini glass. Garnish with bat or ghost gummies.
- 1 part Bacardí Limón Flavored Rum
- .5 part Finest Call Piña Colada Mix
- 2 parts ginger beer
- 1 to 3 dashes Bittermans Hellfire Bitters
- Blueberries and lychee for garnish
Method: Build ingredients in a highball glass over ice and stir to incorporate. Garnish with two blueberry-stuffed lychee fruit.
- 1 bottle Bacardí Coconut Flavored Rum
- 12 to 13 chocolate créme cookies
Method: Pour a bottle of Bacardí Coconut Flavored Rum into a large bowl and add 12-13 crushed chocolate crème cookies. Allow to infuse for three hours. Strain infusion with a cheesecloth, funnel back into the bottle and chill. Serve chilled liquid in a shot glass.