Top Ten New Comics #200.0: September 19, 2018
1) Pearl #2 (Of 6), $3.99
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Michael Gaydos
From the Peabody Award-winning creators of Jessica Jones comes a brand-new creation...Pearl. She is a master tattoo artist and reluctant assassin for the Yakuza she was born into, with a very special gift taught to her by her late mother. But a secret she has kept from everyone may be her only chance at happiness beyond the world she was brought up in. This epic romance set in modern-day San Francisco has the creators of Jessica Jones embarking on a completely new and complex character, creation and world.
(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Steve McNiven
HE'S BACK, BUB.
(W) Brian Azzarello (A/CA) Lee Bermejo
DC BLACK LABEL, the highly anticipated new imprint from DC Comics, starts here!
The Joker is dead.
There is no doubt about that. But whether Batman finally snapped his scrawny neck or some other sinister force in Gotham City did the deed is still a mystery.
Problem is, Batman can't remember... and the more he digs into this labyrinthine case, the more his mind starts to doubt everything he's uncovering.
So who better to set him straight than... John Constantine? Problem with that is as much as John loves a good mystery, he loves messing with people's heads even more. So with John's "help," the pair will delve into the sordid underbelly of Gotham as they race toward the mind-blowing truth of who murdered The Joker.
BATMAN: DAMNED is a bimonthly super-natural horror story told by two of comics' greatest modern creators-a visceral thrill-ride that proudly puts the "black" in BLACK LABEL.
4) Star Wars #54 (Cover A David Marquez), $3.99
(W) Kieron Gillen (A) Salvador Larroca (CA) David Marquez
"HOPE DIES," PART 5
• THE EXECUTOR? Bad.
• PRINCESS LEIA aboard the Executor? Worse.
• DARTH VADER pursuing Leia aboard the Executor? WORST OF ALL.
(W) Margaret Stohl (A) Marguerite Sauvage (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco
THE DEFINITIVE ORIGIN OF CAPTAIN MARVEL!
Chaos descends on Captain Marvel's small coastal hometown! A deadly Kree warrior has finally tracked Carol home. But just what - or who - is the invader after? The moment you've been waiting for is here: Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco bring you a reveal that will change Captain Marvel's destiny.
6) X-Men Gold #36 (Cover A Phil Noto), $3.99
(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Pere Perez (CA) Phil Noto
• A special look into a day in the life of the headmistress of the Xavier Institute...
7) Batman #55 (Cover A Tony S. Daniel), $3.99
(W) Tom King (A/CA) Tony S. Daniel
The KGBeast lives! The Russian super-assassin is back-but under whose orders? Does he have a specific mission, or is this simply some leftover Cold War mayhem? Nyet, comrade-it has to do with Bruce Wayne's recent court case involving Mr. Freeze. Something is rotten in Gotham, and you can still smell it, even if it's on ice!
(W) Kelly Thompson (A/CA) Stefano Caselli
• You thought giant land sharks were bad? How about former West Coast Avenger Tigra transformed into an extremely grouchy, extremely ENORMOUS Woman?!
• But Tigra isn't the half of it. Who's the insanely handsome man behind the curtain pulling her strings?
• Hawkeye, Hawkeye, America Chavez, Fuse, Gwenpool and Kid Omega are here to uncover the mystery and save the city of Los Angeles from certain death (but not extreme property damage!)
• They may not be the heroes we need, but they're certainly the ones we deserve! Strap in, folks!
9) Justice League #8 (Cover A Mikel Janin), $3.99
(W) James TynionIV (A/CA) Mikel Janin
Part two of the "Legion of Doom" storyline focuses on Lex Luthor's recruiting efforts-and this time around, he's targeting both Cheetah and Black Manta for membership! Lex knows just what buttons to push to acquire his super-powered muscle, and this issue it's all about getting revenge on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, respectively. We bet they sign right up as soon as they find out Lex has METAL's Batman Who Laughs locked up in Doom HQ!
10) Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (Cover A Aco), $4.99
(W) Saladin Ahmed (A) Garry Brown (CA) Aco
TIES THAT BIND!
Years ago, Spider-Man came back from an alien world with a fantastic new costume - one he eventually learned was a living alien symbiote looking to bond with him permanently! But before he rejected the costume that went on to become VENOM, many a night the symbiote would creep onto Peter, and unbeknownst to its host, take them out into the night!
Now, for the first time, see just what the symbiote steered Peter into during these mysterious nighttime excursions! Saladin Ahmed (BLACK BOLT) weaves an ALL-NEW nightmare fairy tale, illustrated by the incomparable Garry Brown, in what is sure to be a dream book for any Spider-Man fan!