He's Got Issues #265.0: Top Ten New Comics, 12/11/19
- Dark Knight Returns The Golden Child #1 (Cover A Rafael Grampa), $5.99
(W) Frank Miller (A/CA) Rafael Grampa
Frank Miller returns to the Dark Knight Universe!
It's been three years since the events of Dark Knight III: The Master Race. Lara has spent the time learning to be more human, and Carrie Kelley has been growing into her new role as Batwoman. But a terrifying evil has returned to Gotham City, and Lara and Carrie must team up to stop this growing threat-and they have a secret weapon. Young Jonathan Kent, "the golden child," has a power inside of him unlike anything the world has ever seen, and it's about to be unleashed...
Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child is Frank Miller's triumphant return to the world of the Dark Knight and joining him is the superstar artist Rafael Grampá, the mastermind behind the groundbreaking Mesmo Delivery. Following work in advertising and film, this incredible collaboration marks Grampá's first comics work in six years, bringing his extraordinary detail and storytelling to the Dark Knight saga, resulting in a Dark Knight story like nothing you've ever seen before.
- Immortal Hulk #28 (Cover A Alex Ross), $3.99
(W) Al Ewing (A) Tom Reilly, Matias Bergas (CA) Alex Ross
• Are your children normal? Are they respectful of you and other approved authority figures? Do they have a poster of the Punisher on their wall?
• Or are they angry and discourteous? Do they embrace difficult and/or dangerous concepts, such as protest and the environment? Do they stand with the Hulk?
• Ask yourself: Are your children normal... or have they joined the TEEN BRIGADE?
- Batman Curse Of The White Knight #5 (Of 8) (Cover A Sean Murphy), $4.99
(W) Sean Murphy (A/CA) Sean Murphy
The GTO struggles to forgive Batman for his behavior on the tails of tragedy, but a promising path forward comes into focus when he uncovers a monumental clue about the mystery of Gotham's ancestral curse. It may prove too little too late, as Azrael breaks free of Ruth's mandate and unleashes a radical new reign of terror over the city and its competing super-criminals.
- Star Wars Doctor Aphra #40 (Cover A Ashley Witter), $3.99
(W) Si Spurrier (A) Caspar Wijngaard (CA) Ashley Witter
A ROGUE'S END, Part 4
• All good things must come to an end. Unfortunately, so must all evil things. And probably also all things somewhere-in-the-middle-it's-complicated.
• Renegade archaeologist DOCTOR APHRA has been outrunning fate far longer than anyone dared hope. But her time is finally up. DARTH VADER stalks her through the shadows of an ancient temple, and this time?
• Only one of them will be leaving in one piece.
- Superman #18 (Cover A Ivan Reis & Joe Prado), $3.99
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Joe Prado, Ivan Reis
With Superman's family scattered across the galaxy, our hero must confront some of his greatest concerns about himself and his place in the galaxy. Legendary artist Ivan Reis joins writer Brian Michael Bendis as they introduce the biggest change in the Man of Steel's life ever!
- Spider-Man 2099 #1 (Cover A Viktor Bogdanovic), $4.99
(W) Nick Spencer (A) Jose Carlos Silva (CA) Viktor Bogdanovic
• Miguel O'Hara is a rising star at Alchemax, but his world is about to come crashing down.
• The future of the Marvel Universe is about to die and the world needs a hero.
• As Miguel faces a destiny he's tried to run from all his life, the secrets of 2099 begin to unravel here.
- Detective Comics #1017 (Cover A Tony S. Daniel), $3.99
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Fernando Blanco (CA) Tony S. Daniel
In the dead of winter, a child has gone missing from the Martha Wayne Orphanage in Gotham City...and the bearer of the Wayne family name is on the case. But to solve this mystery, Batman must turn to another bearer of the Wayne family name, his estranged son Damian, to hit the night skies as Batman and Robin once more. Can father and son put aside their differences to rescue the missing Miguel Flores? And what other dark turn is in store for the duo on their journey into the night? Don't miss this special tale by guest writer Tom Taylor!
- Captain Marvel #13 (Cover A Mark Brooks), $3.99
(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Lee Garbett (CA) Mark Brooks
"THE LAST AVENGER" PART 2: FIVE TO GO.
One Avenger is dead at Captain Marvel's hand. Who will be next? And why? What strange allegiance is driving Captain Marvel to the darkest edge?
- The Flash #84 (Cover A Rafa Sandoval & Jordi Tarragona), $3.99
(W) Joshua Williamson (A) Christian Duce (CA) Rafael Sandoval, Jordi Tarragona
"Rogues' Reign" part three! The Speed Force is out of control, but the Flash must learn to harness it again if he's to stand a chance against the powered-up Rogues! With the freshly crowned King Cold leading the charge to hunt the speedster down, all hope seems lost...or is it? An unexpected ally and the save of a lifetime comes to our hero in the form of one of Cold's oldest and most trusted friends-is this icy betrayal what the scarlet speedster needs to turn the tide and set the world right?
- New Mutants #3, $3.99
(W) Ed Brisson (A) Flaviano (CA) Rod Reis
THE FUTURE COMES KNOCKING!
While the original New Mutants are off in space, the rest of the youth of Krakoa begin to make the future they want to live in. First up - Armor's outreach party, seeking young mutants who have chosen not to come to Krakoa.